I've changed the theme for this site to Newspaper, which is a best-selling WordPress theme appropriate for blogging and excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site.
It seems that the performance has been improved after switching the theme to Newspaper.
Some features of the Newspaper theme:
- Included tagDiv Composer instead of Visual Composer (WPBakery Page Builder). Visual Composer and Slider Revolution are also included as bundles. However, it will be desirable to use tagDiv Composer rather than Visual Composer;
- Offers about 68 demos as of today. You can easily install and delete demo content. Newspaper offers an option to remove demo content. (Avada has a similar feature.)
- Easy to place Adsense ads. Various locations for ads. Options to enable/disable on PC and mobile for each location. You can also specify the size of the ad on PC and mobile;
- tagDiv Cloud Library which provides you more than 600 pre-built templates;
- Mobile Theme. It's also possible to enable AMP by installing included AMP plugin;
With the built-in tagDiv Composer, you can easily create a page. This page builder offers lots of modules and blocks for magazine.
I tried to keep the layout similar with previous version. If you load a demo, you can create more sophisticate website. Since I prefer a simple site, I removed some elements such as Related Posts.
The performance is satisfactory after changing the theme. If I remove Google AdSense ads, I think the loading speed of the site will be further improved. Currently, the site is hosted with Bluehost.
For more information, please visit the Newspaper site.